Plenary Meeting (PM4)Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, 21 to 23 June 2011
NEWS: 20110608: Registration now CLOSED - the capacity of the meeting has now been reached
Meeting ProgrammeAgenda and meeting outline available on the meeting wiki site
Meeting Aims and GoalsThis forth plenary meeting of GREAT will focus on the following key topics:
- Announcement on the Gaia science data releases: including a presentation as to content and likely timeline for those data releases.
- Update on the progress of Gaia, highlighting developments
relevant to those in the wider community aiming to scientifically
- Presentations from upcoming ESA missions aiming to utilise Gaia data (e.g. Euclid, Plato).
- Discuss the evolution of the GREAT network and review the ESF funded network in 2011
- Within parallel discussions decide on plans for specific networking activities to support the work of the various science working groups.
- Update on the GREAT initiatives such as Large Spectrscopic Surveys and related instrumentation
The full meeting programme and material generated at the meeting can be found on the GREAT wiki at